Everything You Need to Know to Start a Preschool in Your Home
- Obtain a family child care license from your state.
- Decide on a business entity and apply for a business license if required in your state.
- Create a business plan.
- Choose a philosophy and curriculum.
- Design your learning environment.
- Write policies and procedures for a handbook.
- Use an online platform to manage your business.
How much does it cost to start a preschool?
Estimated Cost of Opening a Daycare
Cost estimates for starting a home-based daycare business range from $10,000 to $50,000. Daycare center franchise startups range from $59,000 to $3 million.
How much does a daycare owner make a year?
Daycare owners do not make extremely high salaries compared to other small business owners in the United States. Home daycare owners have a median income of $9.81 per hour, or just under $20,000 per year. The top 10 percent make $15 an hour or higher, while the bottom 10 percent earn less than $7 an hour.
Do preschools make money?
Preschools don’t make very much money. Preschool teachers make even less. The Bureau of Labor Services notes that preschool teachers make an average of $21,490 a year. Directors of preschools can make a livable wage, but their job is extremely taxing.
How do I start a successful daycare?
9 expert tips for running your daycare
- Put yourself in the parents’ shoes.
- Consistently encourage reviews from your clients.
- Invest in your staff.
- Keep your environment clean and safe.
- Maintain a detailed handbook.
- Acquire quality tools.
- Embrace social media.
- 8. Make important information easily accessible online.